A Revolutionary Sound
Shifta adds a refreshing and invigorating sound to the reggae/dancehall genre with the first single from his upcoming EP. The single, “Do you Wanna” is a hot collaboration with the platinum-selling, Billboard-topping, Japan sensation Che’Nelle. Its strong media and fan reception has it posed to cross over internationally and gain serious momentum in the U.S.
“Do you Wanna” features a sound that is upbeat, yet smooth and sultry. It’s the perfect pop reggae fusion that makes you want to get up and dance or sit back and chill, have a drink and immerse yourself in its melodic energy. Japanese superstar Che’Nelle brings a sexy edge to the song that easily makes it transferable to a larger mainstream audience.
“Do you Wanna” demonstrates the steady growth and popularity of Shifta’s distinctive Caribbean sound. The song has achieved significant musical milestones since its released by the Miami-based independent label Timeless Entertainment on December 9, 2014:
- Entered iTunes Top 100 Reggae Chart first week, hit No. 1
- Received over 250,000 views on YouTube first month
- Featured on worldstarhiphop.com, ThisIs50.com, and GlobalGrind.com first week along with many leading music blogs
- Rotated on-air 103.5 The Beat, Y100, 99JAMZ, Power 105, 97.3 The Beat, Star 92.7 among many radio stations from Miami to Houston to New York and throughout Caribbean
- Shazam’ed over 5,000 times first month
- Streamed over 50,000 times on Spotify first month
- Rotated on MTV.co
- Covered by ABC Local 10 breaking news for music video launch
The meteoric rise and unquestionable potential of Shifta has the entire industry talking. Dubbed by the Jamaican media as the best new talent, Shifta is on the fast track to taking the music and entertainment industry by storm.
For more information and to follow Shifta’s music, please visit: